- Glass Workshops at Inspiration Farm with Brian Kerkvliet
- I will be offering private classes throughout the Summer and Fall! Come by yourself or get a group of friends together. I charge $500 a day for up to 3 people. 4 or more people will be based on $150 a day per person. This includes all materials and personally tailored instruction in Brian Kerkvliet's studio at Inspiration Farm. Look at the list of classes description on the left for potential topics you would like to learn.
What others say about Inspiration Farm!
"Exceeded my expectations and goals!"
"I learned step by step the exact process that I came to learn"
"Food was way beyond what I expected... Superb!"
"Over the top! Balls out! I love this place!"
"Individual instruction helped me immensely!"
Want me teach at your school or studio? Call and we can schedule a time.
Overview of The Class Environment
- Gossamer Glass Studios, now also known as Inspiration Farm, where we cultivate creativity! Most classes will focus on torch work. With some Furnace work technique thrown in for spice. These classes will all be held at Gossamer Glass Studios. Brian Kerkvliet's personal creative space. You will be able to see first hand many different aspects of studio set up and design that have taken him years to fine tune. The primary purpose of these workshops is to stimulate individual creativity, and to provide enough skills for the realization of your ideas. An open mind from each student and a willingness to go beyond the confines of forms traditionally associated with lampworking is helpful.
The objective is for students to return home with enough knowledge to set up their own studio in order to continue using lampworking techniques to further express their creative vision.
All classes will be filled on a first come first served basis, so don't delay! A 50% deposit is required to hold your spot in this exciting event. Torches and basic materials will be provided for each class. However it is a good idea to bring your own hand tools and safety glasses. For more information on housing, transportation or other concerns of yours please contact Gossamer Glass Studios and someone will be glad to help you.
- Registration and other general class information
- The class will have from eight to ten students and will be filled on a first come first served basis. Classes will officially be from 10 am to 6 PM with an hour for lunch. There will be the opportunity to stay longer and work at the end of the day if you desire. If you have any questions please contact us.
HOW DO YOU REGISTER
This workshops will be held in Bellingham. Designed to be a fun interactive place to play, experiment and relate with other glass artists.
There are several low-cost motels in the area for accommodations. More information on meals, hotels and camping will be provided when your space has been secured in the class.